How to Create Great Content for Instagram
If you’re looking to increase engagement for your business on Instagram, it’s important to keep in mind that high-quality Instagram content is key. Here are some tips on how to create great content for this extremely visual popular social media platform
Five Instagram Content Tips.
- Avoid using a photo app when taking pictures. While they may seem more appealing, most photo apps don’t provide as high of resolution as your phone’s camera does.
- Keep your target audience in mind. If your business is a travel insurance company, chances are your audience will have little interest in a photo of a TV. Instead of posting what you like, think of who you hope to engage.
- Choose the right filter. There are many filters out there to choose from. Rather than choosing a filter that you like, research what ones will work best for the type of picture you’re posting. Also be sure to experiment with different filters to see what helps engage your audience the most.
- Use relevant hashtags. This will help people find your content more easily. The key here is also partly about numbers. Find numerous hashtags (studies have been done indicating that the right number of hashtags for maximum sharing on Instagram is 13. It used to drive me nuts when people used that many hashtags on Instagram but it’s important to choose the right hashtags along with the right number.)
- Try to convey a message with your Instagram content. The best photos are the ones that make people feel something. Your feed should be evocative of emotion and a tone sometimes too. Whether you aim to inspire or ask a question through your images, it’s ideal to post Instagram content that engages your audience.
These are just a few of the things you can do to create great Instagram content. The key is to be creative. Don’t be afraid to try new things to see how people respond to your content.